Pinteresting! Vol 1

Pin It

Join me this week as I share my obsession interest in the Pinterest. If you don’t know what it is, just move along here. It’s a time suck but fascinating. Similar to an article in Real Simple or Country Living which makes you say both “Woah, that is just too much” and “Yes, please, make it mine now”, Pinterest is a collection of the lives we wish we led full of fantastic recipes, the perfect outfit, the organized home, and the vacation homes we’d love to have. Link up with your post with either your favorite pins from the week or a project you’ve recently tackled having been inspired by something you saw on Pinterest.

To kick things off officially, we made our own version of  Monster Cookies.

Ingredients:

• 1  cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 stick  (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter (we used crunchy)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 cup candies (we used Pretzel M&M’s)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • 2 cups all purpose flour

Cream butter, sugars, and peanut butter in a large bowl or stand mixer.   Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each is added.   Scrape down the sides so no eggy goodness is left behind. Add baking soda and vanilla. Add chocolate chips, oats, and your candies. Gradually add flour. ( I know this seems out of order, but trust me on this ) Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup for the perfect size scoop. Only about nine will fit on a sheet. You will just have to be patient. Bake for about 15 minutes at 325* (unless your oven is colder than it should be like mine – I cooked 20 minutes at 350* and they were still chewy) LINK YOUR PINTERESTING STUFF HERE:

Comments

1. Chibi Jeebs says:

Your sous chef is ADORABLE! :)

2. JTook says:

Pinned my first planned project-prob gonna do several for all the states we’ve lived in!

3. Wow these look amazing. I’ll have to try them!
    Why is Pinterest so addicting? ahhhh
    I love her little hat :)

• Sarah says:

Thank you! And thanks for joining in. When I first saw Pinterest, I didn’t really get it. Everyone was saying how addicting it was and I was thinking, “hmm, interesting and nice ideas, but not sure I have anything to add” and then… hours later I came to and had 8 boards up and running.

4. Andrea says:

First of all, I LOVE your blog design. Beautiful!!!

Second, what a cutie! How fun and yum!

I am off to see if I have any pictures of what I did from Pinterest cause I totally want to link up. :)

• Sarah says:

Thank you! Looks SO tasty! I love recipes that are simple and that the whole family will love. Thank you for linking up. It’s a good excuse to turn Pinterest into “work”, heehee.

5. I love monster cookies, so delicious! Thanks for hosting this fun linkup!

6. Mercurial says:

Okay, I’m definitely playing along next week!!

7. b303tilly says:

I was all worried I was going to have to start a blog just to participate, but thanks to Tooker, I didn’t have to go that far! PHEW!
    Great idea. Also, now I have to do MOAR stuff.

8. Emmie1393 says:

Those cookies look awesome!!! :D

• Sarah says:

Thank you! They are substantial and tasty. The peanut butter isn’t overwhelming. Could probably use a little more if you want to taste it but it binds everything together nicely.