Adventure

As a family, we are about to embark upon a great adventure. Mr. Bee has lived within this 40 mile radius his whole life. He’s never lived more than a 30 minute drive from his mother.
However, changes – big changes – are here. This will be our last Spring here. We will see the saguaros blossom one more time for Mother’s Day and have fresh prickly pear ice cream.

This is our last Summer here. No more burning our hands on the steering wheel. No more planning grocery shopping after the flaming sun dips below the horizon. No more sticking to the parking lot’s melty tar. No more haboob to fill our mouths with gritty sand and blind us on our journey home.

We are moving.

Where, exactly, has yet to be determined. There are a couple places on our short list and much of it depends on where Mr. Bee can get into school and where I can find a job.

Wherever it is, it will be somewhere there is a chance of snow for Christmas. It will be somewhere it rains more than 8.3 inches a year. It will be somewhere we can still be near to mountains and hopefully, within a short drive of the ocean. It will be somewhere neighbors can visit outside and the state government is less of a disaster. It will be a new start, full of hope, and our greatest family adventure yet.

Part of Peter Pollock’s One Word at a Time Blog Carnival
Today’s Word: Adventure
Link up HERE

Comments

1. Helen says:

So Chicago is out? :-( What can I do for you to reconsider? Jesus said we could move mountains with faith. Where do you want the mountain?

• Sarah says:

A good paying job for me and a full ride scholarship for Mr. Bee could do it. We also need somewhere to live and available, reliable, trustworthy childcare options.
      Still meets the “Chance at a White Christmas” criteria although proximity to mountains and the sea is a bit of a stretch. If the first two could happen, it would regain serious consideration status.

2. katdish says:

See you in Texas!

• Sarah says:

I’ve lived in Texas before and I think it’s too similar to here only you have to add in hurricanes near the coast and tornadoes if you are too far to get hit with the hurricane.

3. Cari says:

As someone who once fled Arizona myself, I don’t miss any of the things you are leaving. I used to get up at the crack of dawn to do my grocery shopping before it got too hot, too hot being a relative term as I don’t miss 100 degrees at midnight either.

Hoping you land in Portland! There are many, many things I would love to show you!!!

4. Of course, there’s always good old PDX where you would be welcomed with open arms!

5. Nancy P (@npowell) says:

Well PDX has all of those things! Close to the mountains AND the beach. :)

6. Sarah says:

To everyone suggesting, PDX, it’s my top choice. Will you help me find a job?

• Cari says:

What kind of work exactly are you looking for? Customer Service positions open up here all the time, and it’s a foot in the door.

• Sarah says:

I’m currently office manager/ bookkeeper for a non-profit, but I have experience in customer service, finance, and lots of mortgage experience. I’m not terribly picky as long as it’s enough to pay the rent and basics.

7. Hazel Moon says:

Step of faith especially not knowing if the water will hold you up when you step out of the boat! Pray, Pray, then trust, trust, trust! Do not fear to ask largely when you pray! You have the qualifications for a decent job, and you are in the safe hands of God.

8. Robin Arnold says:

We have lots of schools here, we have mountains, and ocean, and snow, and rain. The people of Virginia are swell too. We moved here two years ago from Texas and have loved it very much. Yup, I’m lobbying for a Virginia move.

9. I’m late to the party…but move to WA with us! :) We don’t have work either, so we could all live together in a commune. Heehee!

• Sarah says:

Now THAT sounds like an awesome idea! Have prayer meetings, homeschool the kids, cook together, share the cleaning & laundry duties, garden…. I’m in!